:: IMPORTANT :: BEFORE YOU SEEK WARRANTY SERVICES OR REPAIRS YOU MUST FIRST REGISTER YOUR BOAT.
In order to request warranty services, you must first contact your local Sea Born, Sundance, or Spyder dealer. The dealer will work with you to schedule an appointment to review your issues and determine if grounds exist for a warranty claim. In the event warranty work is needed, the dealer will then submit a claim on your behalf. Once reviewed by our personnel, your claim will be approved, adjusted or disallowed.
Gel Coat Excluded
Spider Cracks Excluded
Full Deck Liners
Ring Cap Liners
Gel Coat Excluded
Spider Cracks Excluded
Bilge Pump (1)
Aerator Pumps (1)
Raw or Fresh Water Pumps (1,7)
CRI Electrical Harness (2)
CRI Switches (2)
CRI Circuit Breakers (2)
Engine Brand Gauges (3,7)
Engine Controls (3,7)
Engine Harnesses and Cables (3,7)
Fiberglass Lids (4,7)
Plastic Rod Box inserts
Leaks – Plumbing (20 hrs.)
Leaks – Hydraulic Steer (10 hrs.)
Fuel Tank Senders (7)
Hydraulic Steering Systems (5,7,8)
Manual Steering Systems (6,7,8)
Stereo Speaker Installation Only
Electronics Installation Only
Macerator Pump (7,8)
Trim Tabs Installation Only (9)
Power Pole Installation Only (9)
Windlass Installation Only (9)
Jack Plate Installation Only (9)
Mister Systems Installation Only (9)
Gel Coat Blister or Cracks
Gel Coat discoloration
Cushion Mold (10)
Stainless Steel Corrosion
Corrosion of other metals
Wind Shield Breakage
Stereo and Speakers (9)
Chart Plotter or Fish Finder (9)
Shipping Damage (11)
Trim Tabs or Switches (9)
Power Poles (9)
Jack Plates (9)
Mister Systems (9)
Propeller: Type or Pitch (14)
- Pumps damaged or fouled from debris or from running dry are explicitly excluded.
- Corrosion and/or damage by corrosion is excluded.
- Engine brand Gauges, Harnesses, Controls, Cables are warranted by the Engine Manufacturer and should be filed accordingly.
- Lids damaged by being unsecured while trailering are excluded.
- Hydraulic Steering system leaks are excluded after first 10 hours of use (by engine hours).
- Steering Cable corrosion is not covered. NFB Helm turning stiffness is covered for helm replacement only.
- Requires the original part be returned for testing by manufacturer for approval.
- Part Manufacturer may offer longer warranties directly to Dealer. CRI may assist communication with Vendors after CRI Warranty expires.
- For parts not covered by the CRI Warranty, CRI may assist Dealer in filing a warranty claim with the original part(s) manufacturer(s). In some states, governing law requires manufacturers to be the single point of contact for parts. In those States, CRI will file the needed claims on behalf of the Dealer during the Basic Warranty period for covered parts only. If a part is required to be returned, Dealer will ship the part to the address requested by CRI.
- Cushion Mold is covered for 9 months from the date the vessel is delivered to Dealer.
- Shipping Damage: Boats and Engines are extensively photographed once loaded for shipping. The dealer must inspect and document any damage, scratches, or missing items to include boat, motor, and trailer or components before unloading and file a claim with CRI within 48 hours.
- Parts will be shipped via standard ground. If Dealer or customer request Overnight Shipping, CRI will only cover the standard ground rate.
- CRI will pay a “Flat Rate Time Allowance” (per “Flat Time Card”) which is negotiated with dealer.
- Propellers are based on Engine Builder performance testing and should be used as a starting point. See Propeller Program for details.
Transferable 10 Year Limited Hull Warranty
Composite Research warrants that the hull, transom, and stringers shall be free from structural defects for a period of 10 years. Exceptions: The 10 Year warranty does not cover the gel coat nor any other components fastened or applied to the dash, hull or deck. Gel coat discoloration, blisters, and cracks are not considered structural defects.
Transferable 3 Year BASIC Limited Fiberglass Small Parts Warranty
Composite Research warrants some fiberglass small parts for a period of 36 months or 300 hours, whichever comes first. This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of some fiberglass small parts and components such as liners, consoles, and ring caps. Fiberglass Lids & Gel Coat are not covered under 3 Yr. Basic.
Transferable 1 Year BASIC Limited Systems Warranty
Composite Research warrants Fiberglass Lids, Plastic Lids, Electrical Panels, Bilge Pumps, Aerator Pumps or other Electrical Devices (excluding corrosion), (excluding Stereos, Depth Finders, Radar, Chart Plotters except for installation if installed by Composite Research), Steering Systems (excluding leaks after 10 hours), Electrical Panels, Pumps and Instrument Gauges originally supplied by Composite Research, for a period of 12 months or 100 hours, whichever comes first. Longer warranties may exist for Engine Controls, Cables, Harnesses or Key Switches, and Engine Brand Gauges via the outboard engine manufacturer. Stereos, Electronics, Chart Plotters, Radar and other similar devices are warrantied by their respective manufacturers and are explicitly excluded from any warranty by Composite Research).
Parts for Warranty Repair
Parts needed for Warranty Repair should be ordered from Composite Research. A Dealer may as needed choose to use inventory part(s) for warranty work. However, Composite Research will only allow up to the cost of original manufactured part(s) within a claim. Should parts be needed from Composite Research, every effort will be made to ship parts same day if ordered before 1PM EST.
Voided or Out of Warranty will result if:
- Any product which has been repaired or altered in any way by an unauthorized person.
- Any act of God. (I.e. storm damages, natural disasters)
- Composite Research is not notified of the warranty claim during the warranty period.